Ballincollig Community School first opened on September 14th, 1976 with 109 pupils.
In the intervening years over 5,000 pupils have attended here. During this time the school has developed a proud academic and sporting tradition and on September 26th 2003, Minister for Health and Children, Mr. Michael Martin, TD, officially opened a new school building with superb new facilities for present and future generations of pupils.
All classrooms are generously lit and naturally ventilated, deeper spaces have clerestory opening windows. Materials are robust. Circulation areas are enlivened with strong natural light and panels of colour.
Some of the facilities available at our school are:
- 7 Science Labs
- 4 dedicated computer rooms
- 4/5 computers in each practical room and Science lab.
- Performing arts area and music room.
- Full sized Sports Hall
- Fitness suite.
- Large cafeteria.
- Lockers for all pupils.
- 6 outdoor tennis courts / basketball areas.
- Existing Astro-turf pitch.
- Full sized sand-based playing pitch.